Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Question for the Ages


I'm dinking around again, trying to avoid starting work on my novel. I'm not sure why, I enjoy writing.

Anyway, I keep careful track of where all of my (relatively modest) traffic comes from. Most of it is from the Slacktiverse, the community blog I'm like the weird neighbor towards. You know the kind - they seem friendly but they can be a bit "off." Some of them come from other places where I've slapped my links at, or, where people have been gracious enough to link to me (yes, this has happened a few times. I'm immensely flattered when it does happen).

However, as I was looking through my traffic sources, I came upon this:

http://www.jobsforsmartpeople.com/

Now, here's the question. How does this place wind up lead people to my blog?

That's exactly what you'd think it is by the URL - a job posting webpage. I've never posted jobs, and as far as I know, I'm not hiring right now. Maybe it's the "smart people" in the title...

I'm going with that for now.

Anyway, I've also sent out the manuscript for a short story to be published in a contest (having proof read it myself and, more importantly, having had others look it over for me). Wish me luck, folks! I'd love to be able to say that I'm a published author very much.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!

    (How does it show up in your logs when I follow a link from my Google Reader feed?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :)

    It shows up as www.google.ca/reader/viewer/[fancy URL stuff]

    ReplyDelete