Wednesday, October 26, 2011

You Follow, I'll Lead, And Together We Watch For Ditches



Courtesy of the Slacktivist

Dominionism is all about following. You're following someone, you're following some thing, real or imagined, and you're trying like hell not to think for yourself. After all, thinking for yourself leads to the eventual conclusion you're being hoodwinked by this Dominionism shit and you abandon ship.

So it comes as no surprise, then, that the Little Eichmanns in the Republican Party (Godwin! Godwin! Right out of the gate, too! What do I win?) would promote following a brave, bold (White) male (Protestant Christian of their sect) to lead (tell them what to do) for the rest of their natural lives, with a direct line to God.

If I were God, right about now, I'd be feeling pretty stupid for installing that direct line in the White house. Now everyone thinks they have the right to use it, and that's just being silly.

I'm not about to apologize for what I'm going to show. Hell, I listened to the whole thing and I nearly fell over laughing. I'm almost convinced this is a parody, but due to Poe's law, I can't entirely confirm it. That said, the fact it has 25 dislikes and only 1 like on YouTube aught to say something (seriously - when even your go-to conservatives trolls can't like it, it's probably because they're convinced it's fake satire, too).

Here are some acceptable responses to this video:

My ears, my ears!!!!

Why do folks just LOVE to follow leaders?
And, of course, my response:
*falls over laughing*

Here's the "music" video.




That poor dude in the brown suit and blue tie there looks like he's constipated. That's what fiber is for, bro. Helps keep you regular.

I'm not entirely convinced that this is serious. The over-the-top nature of it, complete with the Martin Luther King Jr. quote makes me think that this is an elaborate parody, like Landover Baptist Church or Christwire. I mean, there's certain things that are against the Geneva Code of Conventions - for instance, Lee Greenwood's "God Bless America," a narm and glurge filled song that manages to hit on every single negative stereotype that this country carries. I'm fairly sure that this video is pretty close, and if it's serious, that just makes it even funnier.

Oh, alright.

I suppose I owe my readers something to help get that horrific burning out of their ears.

Their sampling of MLK, Jr. was horribly done and utterly tasteless. Here's a guy that knows how to sample music, to make up for it (not to mention the fact that he was wearing this name long before I took it, and was actually part of my inspiration for taking my pseudonym):




No comments:

Post a Comment