Friday, November 25, 2011

What a Nasty Little Asshat

And now - misogyny from a different continent!

I don't like shock jocks; that's not my forte as far as "entertainment" goes. I don't think they bring anything to the table and their sole purpose is to offend. It's not to be darkly ironic, like George Carlin was. It's to offend, and to upset people, and to appeal to instincts that are probably better left untouched by the human mind. I don't usually pay attention towards celebrity politics - small minds think about people, big minds about events, great minds about ideas - but this just stands out.

And yet, somehow, I was reminded of the comments that I've seen female bloggers get when I read this. Apparently, this guy's name is Sandilands, and he's from Australia, and he's taken aim on a woman who's trashed his "show" in a review. If your show is anything like your personality Sandilands, I don't even have to listen to it to know she's right:

“Some fat slag on news.com.au has already branded it a disaster. You can tell by reading the article that she just hates us and has always hated us.
“What a fat bitter thing you are. You’re deputy editor of an online thing. You’ve got a nothing job anyway. Just so you know, you’re a piece of shit.
“This low thing, Alison Stephenson, deputy editor of news.com.au online. Alison, you’re supposed to be impartial, you little troll.
“You’re a bullshit artist, girl. You should be fired from your job. Your hair’s very 90s. And your blouse. You haven’t got that much titty to be having that low cut a blouse. Change your image, girl. Watch your mouth or I’ll hunt you down.”
Now that's how we respond to criticism like this:
Stephenson had branded the show “a disaster” writing: Memorable? Yes. Most probably for the Seven execs who won’t forget the viewer feedback next time Kyle comes knocking on their door asking for a television slot.
Outrageous? Definitely. Boob grabs, sex talk, explicit photos and references to the size of celebrity’s appendages, were the rule more so than the exception.

This ties into the post below I made - this Sandilands has very thin skin. He's like most Right-wingers; you can't stand criticism without either complaining about how you're persecuted or, if you're a male and the person criticizing you is female, lashing back out with a torrid of hate and misogyny. You can't take criticism without claiming that it violates your "first amendment right". I wonder what side of the political spectrum he sets on, and if he likes being lumped in with the Politeness Brigade on the Right. I don't really care one way or another; you are what you are.

"Watch your mouth or I'll hunt you down" - Big tough guy. What will you do then? Get your ass arrested for stalking?

He's already lost a lot of support form his sponsors. I suppose that's just another example of how Liberals are so tolerant that we refuse to tolerant intolerance. Personally, it makes me glad; I hope his show sinks and he's kicked to the curb. Good riddance to rubbish like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment