Friday, March 23, 2012

The Blue Pimpernel is now published!

Okay folks, it's published! I finally decided that enough editing was enough and put it up for sale. You can find the very first edition of The Blue Pimpernel here, at Lulu:

The Blue Pimpernel is here

I have plans for an ebook version and a 8.5 x 11 version, too.

The story is my take on superhero fiction and hard science fiction. The story centers around 16-year-old Renee Rhee, a non-neurotypical half-Korean teenage girl and her friends, Ofelia Stratford and Cyan Brooklyn. They exist in a dystopian America that's utterly isolated itself at the local level and as a result, has completely fallen apart. Renee and her friends live in Joliet, just outside of Chicago. Corruption runs rampant at the local levels, and after corruption and violence steal the life Renee knows not once but twice, Renee and her friends decide that they've had enough, and devise a means to fight back. Rather than be the typical "superhero fights crime," it becomes "superhero strikes against those with power." Renee is not wealthy; in fact, she's an orphan adopted by her best friend's family, who are lower middle-class.

So go ahead and take a look at it. I'm excited; this is my first ever publication so, while I'm not expecting a lot from it (in fact, I suspect there will be plenty bugs, as this is the first novel I've published), but I hope to take this and improve upon it for future stories.

1 comment: